Anacamptis pyramidalis | Pyramidal Orchid | Magairlín na stuaice
- Flowers from June to September
- Short, dense dome-shaped spikes of pink flowers
- Leaves are linear-lanceolate, pointed at the tip and
Calcareous soil, dunes, grassland
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2021
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
How can you help
This species is included in our early summer flowering plants project. If you see the species please submit your sighting. All information is very valuable.
Full list of species included in the early summer flowering plants project:
- Ragged Robin (Silene flos-cuculi)
- Yellow Rattle (Rhinanthus
- Bog Asphodel (Narthecium
- Foxglove (Digitalis
- Pyramidal orchid (Anacamptis
- Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula
- Guelder Rose (Viburnum
Spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes)
This species is included in the early summer flowering plants project which is a collaboration between the National Biodiversity Data Centre and the BSBI. It is hoped we can collect valuable data to improve our knowledge of the current distribution of some common plants. All data will be fully validated by both partners before loading to Biodiversity Maps and being made available to the BSBI.