Lychnis flos-cuculi | Ragged-Robin | Lus síoda
- Flowers from May to August
- Reddish-pink (occasionally white) flowers with five petals
- The petals are modified into delicately-fringed, ragged blossoms to withstand windy weather
Damp ground, marshes, meadows, roadsides, open damp woodland. Included in many wildflower seed mixes.
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2023
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
How can you help
This species is included in our early summer flowering plants project. If you see the species please submit your sighting. All information is very valuable.
Full list of species included in the early summer flowering plants project:
- Ragged Robin (Silene flos-cuculi)
- Yellow Rattle (Rhinanthus
- Bog Asphodel (Narthecium
- Foxglove (Digitalis
- Pyramidal orchid (Anacamptis
- Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula
- Guelder Rose (Viburnum
Spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes)
This species is included in the early summer flowering plants project which is a collaboration between the National Biodiversity Data Centre and the BSBI. It is hoped we can collect valuable data to improve our knowledge of the current distribution of some common plants. All data will be fully validated by both partners before loading to Biodiversity Maps and being made available to the BSBI.