Potentilla anserina | Silverweed | Briosclán
- Flowers from May to August
- Solitary long-stalked bright yellow flowers with 5 or 6
- Leaves are pinnate with numerous toothed large and small
leaflets. Covered in distinctive silky white hairs, especially on the
- Long slender red stems that are creeping
Damp grassy places, roadsides, wasteland
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2023
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
How can you help
This species is included in our early summer flowering plants project. If you see the species please submit your sighting. All information is very valuable.
Full list of species included in the early summer flowering plants project:
- Ragged Robin (Silene flos-cuculi)
- Yellow Rattle (Rhinanthus
- Bog Asphodel (Narthecium
- Foxglove (Digitalis
- Pyramidal orchid (Anacamptis
- Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula
- Guelder Rose (Viburnum
Spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes)
This species is included in the early summer flowering plants project which is a collaboration between the National Biodiversity Data Centre and the BSBI. It is hoped we can collect valuable data to improve our knowledge of the current distribution of some common plants. All data will be fully validated by both partners before loading to Biodiversity Maps and being made available to the BSBI.