Anagallis arvensis | Scarlet Pimpernel | Falcaire fiáin
- Flowers from May to October
- Pale scarlet flowers with five overlapping petals which
have hairy margins
- Oval shaped, shiny leaves which occur in pairs along the
straggling square stem
- Flower colour can occasionally be pink, lilac or blue
Dry grassland, dunes, roadsides, gardens, waste and cultivated ground
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2021
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
How can you help
This species is included in our early summer flowering plants project. If you see the species please submit your sighting. All information is very valuable.
Full list of species included in the early summer flowering plants project:
- Ragged Robin (Silene flos-cuculi)
- Yellow Rattle (Rhinanthus
- Bog Asphodel (Narthecium
- Foxglove (Digitalis
- Pyramidal orchid (Anacamptis
- Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula
- Guelder Rose (Viburnum
Spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes)
This species is included in the early summer flowering plants project which is a collaboration between the National Biodiversity Data Centre and the BSBI. It is hoped we can collect valuable data to improve our knowledge of the current distribution of some common plants. All data will be fully validated by both partners before loading to Biodiversity Maps and being made available to the BSBI.