Data Deficient - possibly under recorded
- Large sized solitary species (13-15mm)
- Spring flight period, March - May
- Thorax with light brown hairs
- Abdomen generally dark, rear legs of female with pale hairs
- Males smaller than females, with pale hairs on face
Rural areas where Willow is present
Very early species: March-May
Ground nesting (light soil)
Feeds only on Willow
Europe, between 40ºN and 57ºN, eastwards to the Caucasus
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2020
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
Conservation status: FitzPatrick Ú., Murray T.E., Byrne A., Paxton R.J., Brown M.J.F. (2006) Regional Red List of Irish Bees, Publ. Rep. to National Parks and Wildlife Service (Ireland) and Environment and Heritage Service (N. Ireland). http://www.npws.ie/publications/red-lists
Flowers visited & World distribution: Westrich, P. (1989) Die Wildbienen Baden-Württembergs. Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart, Germany.