Andrena (Hoplandrena) trimmerana | Trimmer's Mining Bee
- Large sized solitary species (13-15mm)
- Long flight period, March - August
- Thorax with dull brown hairs
- Abdomen of female with pale hair bands
- Females: underside of hind tibia with orange up-swept hairs
- Males generally smaller than females
- Very rare - all known records from Co. Dublin
Rare. Known populations have been recorded from the urban environment but habitat associations unclear.
North and Central Europe, between 41ºN and 62ºN, up to 1000m in the Swiss Alps
Records submitted to Data Centre in 2021
The following map is interactive. If you would prefer to view it full screen then click here.
Conservation status: FitzPatrick Ú., Murray T.E., Byrne A., Paxton R.J., Brown M.J.F. (2006) Regional Red List of Irish Bees, Publ. Rep. to National Parks and Wildlife Service (Ireland) and Environment and Heritage Service (N. Ireland). http://www.npws.ie/publications/red-lists
Flowers visited & World distribution: Westrich, P. (1989) Die Wildbienen Baden-Württembergs. Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart, Germany.